The Nepean Blue Devils Basketball Association offers a Recreational Basketball program for boys and girls where they can enjoy the game of basketball and improve their basketball skills in the context of both team practices and league play. The Recreational Program is split into three divisions:
Bantam (for boys and girls aged 12-13)
Midget (for boys and girls aged 14-15)
Junior (for boys and girls aged 16-18)
- During the season the recreational teams will have, on average, one two-hour practice per week.
- Teams are assigned a practice night for the season.
- Team practices provide an opportunity for the players to work on various skills and team tactics with their coaches.
- The majority of Recreational teams participate in the West-End Basketball League (WEBL), which is comprised of a number of member basketball associations located primarily in the west-end of Ottawa.
- Depending on the number of players enrolled in any one division and gym availability, Nepean may decide to run an in-house league, independently of the WEBL.
- League games are generally played on weekends between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (schedules are dependent on facility availability).
- Throughout the season, recreational teams can expect to participate in 12 to 15 league games as well as a year-end tournament.
- Sort-outs will begin on Saturday, September 24, 2016. Once the schedule is finalized, it will be posted here and emailed to all registered players.
- It is important to note that registration fees must be PAID IN FULL in order to attend the sort-outs.
Questions about the Girls Recreational Program can be emailed to VPRecGirls@nepeanbluedevils.ca.
Questions about the Boys Recreational Program can be emailed to Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org